Diploma Of Hospitality
The diploma of hospitality qualification provides the skills and knowledge for an individual to be competent as a manager within the hospitality industry. The student will graduate with a range of specialised skills, with the ability to manage, plan, understanding of bar skills, health and safety regulations, licensing and the ability to carry out and evaluate their own work.
The Hospitality Training Australia is offered as a face to face classroom course (1 day per week over 6 months), by RPL (with gap training), distance learning – or a combination of any of these methods. For anyone not currently working in the hospitality industry, there is an additional 12 service periods required.
28 units must be completed – 23 of these as shown below, with the remaining 5 units being chosen by the participant according to their experience
- BSBDIV501A Manage diversity in the workplace
- BSBMGT515A Manage Operational Plan
- SITXCCS401 Enhance the customer service experience
- SITXCCS501 Manage quality customer service
- SITXCOM401 Manage conflict
- SITXFIN402 Manage finances within a budget
- SITXFIN501 Prepare and monitor budgets
- SITXGLC501 Research and comply with regulatory requirements
- SITXHRM401 Roster Staff
- SITXHRM402 Lead and manage people
- SITXMGT401 Monitor work operations
- SITXMGT501 Establish and conduct business relationships
- SITXWHS401 Implement and monitor work health and safety practices
- SITXFSA101 Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITHIND301 Work effectively in hospitality service
- BSBADM502B Manage meetings
- BSBWRT401A Write complex documents
- SITXADM501 Prepare and present proposals
- BSBCMM401A Make a presentation
- SITXCRI401 Respond to a customer in crisis
- SITXFIN201 Process financial transactions
- SITHFAB201 Provide responsible service of alcohol
- SITXFSA201 Participate in safe food handling practices
Participants will be allocated an assessor who will conduct an initial interview. During this time, units for which they believe they would be eligible for RPL will be identified. Students will be offered assistance in determining the types of evidence required to demonstrate competency. Participants will then gather the evidence, supported through the process by allocated trainer/assessor. Should gap training be identified the participant will be offered additional training to enable them to complete the course.
Should candidate not be currently working, and require a workplace at which to demonstrate competency, RAM Training Services has an MOU arrangement with Melbas on the Park, Fasta Pasta, The Australian Coffee School and Surfers Paradise Surf Lifesaving Club for the use of their venue in providing candidates with the opportunity to demonstrate their experience and skills in all areas of hospitality.
On successful completion of this course, participants will receive a Diploma of Hospitality.
The student will have the ability to run the managerial operations within a restaurant, function, night club, bar, gaming, hotel & functions.
Anyone wishing to advance within the hospitality industry. Possible job titles include:
- Functions Manager
- Bar/Restaurant Manager
- Front Office Manager
- Gaming Manager
- Night Club Manager
- Cafe Manager
The Diploma of Hospitality is run via a number of different methods, dependent on your personal circumstances. You have the choice to complete this course via a face to face course (1 day per week over 6 months – with the ability to complete earlier); distance learning; blended delivery (a mix of both face to face and distance); or Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL). RPL will still usually require some classroom or distance learning assessments.
Given the different methods of delivery, the Diploma of Hospitality could be completed in as little as a few weeks (with RPL), or up to 12 months (distance learning), dependent on your personal circumstances. Give our customer service team a call on 0499 8875 77 to discuss your circumstances, so that we can find the best solution for your needs.
Government funding is available under the Higher Level Skills Program. Eligible participants can complete the Diploma of Hospitality for as little as $100 for eligible concessional students ($3.57 per unit), or $150 for eligible non-concessional students ($5.35 per unit)!
Pricing for the face to face course is dependent on any RPL or Credit Transfer that the participant may have. Please call our office on 0499 8875 77 to get an accurate costing.
RPL standard fee is $1650 (no-interest ever payment plans available – or pay upfront with credit card or internet banking for the discounted price of $1495), plus an additional $150 per unit for any gap training required.
To be eligible for the Higher Level Skills Program, participants must :
- be aged 15 years or over and no longer at school
- permanently reside in Queensland
- be an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident (includes humanitarian entrant), temporary resident with the necessary visa and work permits on the pathway to permanent residency, or a New Zealand citizen
- not hold, and not be enrolled in, a Certificate IV or higher-level qualification, not including qualifications completed at school and foundation skills training
Further information on the Higher Level Skills Program can be found here.
For unfunded participants, a 50% deposit is payable on enrolment to this course (inclusive of a 20% non-refundable registration fee). The balance of the program fees are to be paid in full upon completion of the course. Should circumstances prevent an enrolled client from attending any gap training after they have paid the registration fee for their program, the non-refundable component is retained by RAM Training Services to cover administration costs, the remainder will be refunded.
Clients who have commenced gap training and no longer wish to continue with their training program forfeit their registration fee and are refunded 50% of their remaining fees calculated pro rata.
Our cancellation, complaints, and refund policy can be found in our Student Handbook, located at the bottom of our website and is identified in our enrolment process
There are no current entry requirements for this course. However we recommend the student to currently have a year 10 or equivalent education level and speak English.
Interest Free Payment Plans Available
in Partnership with RAM Training Services
Connect with us
Subscribe to our mailing list.
Suite 101/Level 1, 9 Bay Street,
Southport Gold Coast, QLD 4215
PO Box 9012, Gold Coast MC QLD 9726
0499 887 577
614 692 885