Food Safety Supervisor
Blackboard Creative in Partnership with RAM Training Services RTO # 31701. Ram training are the training providers for this course:
SITXFSA101 Use hygiene practices for food safety
SITXFSA201 Participate in safe food handling practices
The food supervisor is responsible for developing and implementing food safety programs in compliance with the Queensland Food Act 2006. Under the Food Act 2006, every licensable food business in Queensland is required to have a certified Food Safety Supervisor.
New food businesses must inform their local government within 30 days of the issue of their licence. New food businesses who don't have a food safety supervisor, will be hit with substantial penalties.
RAM Training Services RTO #31701 runs the 1-day nationally recognised Food Safety Supervisors course out of both Brisbane, Gold Coast & Sunshine Coast. We can also deliver at your premises for group bookings anywhere in Queensland – discounts apply.
This course covers the following units, required for the Retail & Hospitality industry: SITXFSA101 Use Hygienic Practices for Food Safety and SITXFSA201 Participate in Safe Food Handling Practices, in accordance with the Food Act 2006 (QLD).
For further information on the requirements of a Food Safety Supervisor, click here to download the Fact Sheet.
The Food Safety Supervisors course is run in 1 day on a regular basis, out of offices in the Gold Coast, Sunshine coast and Brisbane. For more information, please send through your enquiry now.
This course is designed for all people supervising food operations in the hospitality and retail industry and includes the required modules for the nominated Food Safety Officer.
Anyone, including the business owner, licence holder, employee or an external contractor, can be a Food Safety Supervisor for a business, provided they meet the required competencies and are reasonably available at all times the business is operating.
The Food Act 2006 requires the nominated food safety supervisor to be available at all times the business is operating in case they need to be contacted by the local government or a food handler.
Upon completion of this course, participants will have learned:
- Specific foods which can easily be contaminated and which foods to watch for.
- Types of illnesses as a result of bacteria
- Prevent cross-contamination
- Implement a food safety program
- How to store food correctly and conditions in which food should be stored, temperatures & how long is safe.
- All Processes which could result in a breach of food safety.
- Maintain a clean environment
- Basic HACCP program & a food safety program with information to find current advice on food safety.
- Designing a food safety program
- Monitor food safety hazards as required by the food safety program. This may include methods such as visual inspection, sampling and testing
- How to identify if food safety requirements are not being met and how to report them.
- Take corrective action as required by food safety program within level of responsibility
- Follow procedures to identify, separate and report product which is or may be non-conforming and/or implement other necessary corrective action within level of responsibility
- Participate in investigating and reporting on unsafe food as identified by internal monitoring and/or customer complaints
The fee for this course is just $175, or combine it with an RMLV course for a total of just $520 – save $50! Discounts and onsite delivery available for group bookings!
Payment can be made by credit card online (click on “Book Course Online” above) or over the phone, internet banking or cash.
There are no pre-requisites, however it is recommended that you have a grade 10, or equivalent, level of English reading and writing.
Interest Free Payment Plans Available
in Partnership with RAM Training Services
Connect with us
Subscribe to our mailing list.
Suite 101/Level 1, 9 Bay Street,
Southport Gold Coast, QLD 4215
PO Box 9012, Gold Coast MC QLD 9726
0499 887 577
614 692 885